True, you do need to invest a little money, but in terms of value, and the short length of time it takes to amortise such an investment, a wood burning stove installation is the way to go.
Five reasons why you should get a stove installation.
- Energy saving. If you have an open fire, then that allows warm air to stream up the chimney 24/7 and trust me, that is a lot. It gets even worse when you actually light the fire, because then the stream turns into a raging torrent of HOT air that blasts up the chimney in a futile attempt to warm the Great Outdoors, which is, I’m afraid, doomed to failure.
- Money saving. This is what is technically known as a no brainer. As soon as you fit a stove, that stream of warm air continuously running up the chimney is throttled down to a teeny weeny dribble. When you light the stove, no longer do you lose a torrent of hot air. Instead, that flow is greatly reduced, AND IT IS TOTALLY UNDER YOUR CONTROL. That means that instead of an open fire running at max all the time, you can choke the stove back to almost nothing, and only burn what you need. So, first off, your stove installation will save you money through eliminating waste. Secondly it will save you money by burning the fuel with greater efficiency, and Thirdly you just don’t need to burn so much.
- Space saving The fact that you need less fuel in a year means you don’t need to give up so much space to fuel storage.
- Cleanliness and safety. Wood burners are way cleaner than open fires, and because they are closed appliances, you can shut them down and leave the room without fear of sparks. Coal is a dirty fuel. If you drop it on the carpet, it stains, whereas sawdust isn’t such a problem.
- Ethics and the environment. Wood is a carbon neutral fuel, and as such does not contribute to the greenhouse gas problem like burning fossil fuels does. So whether you want a stove installation in Cambridge or anywhere else, rest assured your wallet will thank you.